Episode 13 makes its long-awaited debut after being interrupted mid-recording on Monday. Our special guest this week is Vidyala of Manalicious, who you may remember as The Pugging Pally. Vid is the guild master of Business Time, an Alliance 10-man raiding guild over on the US-Moonrunner server. Our topic this week is 10s vs. 25s!
Thanks to everyone for tweeting at me with regards to our topic! Here are the various tweets I got, distilled down into the basics. Follow these people on Twitter if you’re not already.
- more of a chance you’ll raid with someone you don’t like – Dahrla
- harder to diagnose issues due to the larger group composition – Walks
- more paperwork – Walks
- 25s are much harder on your framerate – Fannon451
- more officers, more organization, “tends to feel more like a small country than a group of friends playing a game” – Dahrla
- some people in 25s feel like strangers – Dahrla
- not being able to find 15 more! – SaltySlainte
- everyone needs to perform to their best ability/less margin for error – Vosskah, Shathus
- you don’t have every class buff – _Rades, Mrhealthplan had to switch from holy priest to holy pally for the group to have might.
- there’s probably no such thing as an “ideal raid comp” given the lack of bodies – Walks, Dayden
- can feel less grandiose – Vosskah, Dahrla
- zone-heal mechanics are not as effective in a 10-man setting (Light of Dawn and Holy Radiance in particular) – Walks
Blessing of Frost on iTunes, rate us up!